ARE YOU READY TO BE THE HERO?
The Hero mode is waiting for you in the coming update!
Soldiers – prepare for an entirely new kind of combat!
Hero mode puts you in the middle of the action
Many of you have probably played a MOBA (Multiplayer Online Battle Arena) before – but in the majority of cases, you will have seen the activity from far above or from behind the shoulder of your hero. The next update will give you the chance to be right in the middle of the action and to experience a MOBA from a first-person perspective!
Familiar MOBA elements find their home in S.K.I.L.L.
Hero mode offers you everything that you would expect:
- Two teams go head to head, each with their own base
- Three attack lanes, complete with team sentry towers
- Waves of aliens, who spawn in the bases and then attack each other
- Neutral aliens in between the lanes
- A shop so that you can spend your gold
Whilst there, your tasks are:
- Kill all of the opponent's aliens to receive gold and experience
- Kill the opposing players to receive gold and experience
- Spend your gained gold in the shop
- Buy upgrades for your attack and defence attributes as well as your movement speed
- Buy the best weapon to suit your situation
- Buy special support items such as air strikes
- Find clever routes to attack your opponents on their flanks
- Destroy the opposing team's towers to get to their base
- Communicate using 'pings' on the minimap
To win, you will have to destroy the opposing team's base before the time runs out! The time limit can be set to either 30 or 50 minutes. Alongside the classic 5v5 set up, Hero mode can also be played 4v4 and 3v3!
Tips for new players
We have split the Hero Channel into rooms for beginners and for advanced players, so if you are trying out the mode for the first time, you are best off in the beginner's rooms!
Some other useful tips:
- Hold down 'B' to teleport back to your base
- You can heal yourself using gold in the shop
- Neutral aliens are particularly strong at the beginning, making it better to attack them with a couple of teammates
- Always buy the upgrades for attack, defence and speed in the shop
- The air strike and the bullbug can be very helpful where it comes to the destruction of towers!
- The best places to hide are the bushes on the connections between the lanes
Get ready for the next update – it's your chance to become a hero!